Students and staff members at WSU-Tri Cities strut their stuff on the runway in the university’s 2017 Washington State University Tri-Cities Professional Fashion Showcase on Friday.
The event was hosted by the university’s Career Development Office in the hopes of showcasing professional attire for the workplace. The fashion show featured different outfits that students should wear to an interview, in the office, or to a cocktail or formal event.
WSU Tri-Cities Sophomore, Mariah Brush, says the event showed her different pieces she should have in her closet.
“I think I’m going to go buy a pencil skirt and a blazer because I don’t have either of those, and those are important,” says Brush.
Eadie Balint with the Career Development Office stresses the importance of owning key pieces, such as a blazer, dark pants, a good tie, and a black dress for women.
Maria Torres, a senior, agrees. She says, “It's very important for students to know what kind of attire to wear, especially trying to go out and find a job."
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims
- Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food