A team of volunteers spend their Saturday building a new home for a Kennewick family.
Mary Ban says she's looking forward to the day she and her two children can move into their house.
It's a three bedroom home on South Jean Place that was made possible by the Habitat for Humanity Organization.
They find families in need and provide the financing for a no-interest mortgage.
Ban will put in at least 500 hours of her own time into building her own home.
She will work with contractors and other volunteers with expertise in construction.
A number of women will also be helping this week, which is National Woman Build Week.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown