A team of volunteers spend their Saturday building a new home for a Kennewick family.
Mary Ban says she's looking forward to the day she and her two children can move into their house.
It's a three bedroom home on South Jean Place that was made possible by the Habitat for Humanity Organization.
They find families in need and provide the financing for a no-interest mortgage.
Ban will put in at least 500 hours of her own time into building her own home.
She will work with contractors and other volunteers with expertise in construction.
A number of women will also be helping this week, which is National Woman Build Week.
- Controversial cannabis shop put on hold
- Tri-Cities Community Health CEO sees no benefits in GOP health care plan
- Kennewick Fire warns fireworks could result in $5,000 fine, jail time
- New Hanford site kiosk unveiled at Richland Public Library
- Crews continue to battle wildfire in Selah
- PNNL denies whistleblower retaliation against worker