A team of volunteers spend their Saturday building a new home for a Kennewick family.
Mary Ban says she's looking forward to the day she and her two children can move into their house.
It's a three bedroom home on South Jean Place that was made possible by the Habitat for Humanity Organization.
They find families in need and provide the financing for a no-interest mortgage.
Ban will put in at least 500 hours of her own time into building her own home.
She will work with contractors and other volunteers with expertise in construction.
A number of women will also be helping this week, which is National Woman Build Week.
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters