More than 2 million people worldwide live with Multiple Sclerosis, and still little is known about this debilitating disease.
That's why hundreds of walkers came out to participate in the annual Walk MS event in Kennewick today.
The 4 mile walk along the Columbia River is the biggest fundraiser in the Tri-Cities for the National MS Society.
They'll use the funds for research projects.
Each participant made a donation as an entry free.
A number of teams also took pledges.
Vendors were on hand to keep participants hydrated and full before and after the walk.
Similar walks will be held in outlying communities in the coming weeks.
- Prosser school district works to amend social media policy
- China launches first homegrown aircraft carrier
- Dash cam footage from DUI arrest of Yakima City Councilwoman Carmen Mendez
- Walla Walla High School Rifle Team Captain Commits to Naval Academy
- Influx in car prowlers hits Tri-Cities
- Yakima City officials speak out in response to recent shooting death