More than 2 million people worldwide live with Multiple Sclerosis, and still little is known about this debilitating disease.
That's why hundreds of walkers came out to participate in the annual Walk MS event in Kennewick today.
The 4 mile walk along the Columbia River is the biggest fundraiser in the Tri-Cities for the National MS Society.
They'll use the funds for research projects.
Each participant made a donation as an entry free.
A number of teams also took pledges.
Vendors were on hand to keep participants hydrated and full before and after the walk.
Similar walks will be held in outlying communities in the coming weeks.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown