More than 2 million people worldwide live with Multiple Sclerosis, and still little is known about this debilitating disease.
That's why hundreds of walkers came out to participate in the annual Walk MS event in Kennewick today.
The 4 mile walk along the Columbia River is the biggest fundraiser in the Tri-Cities for the National MS Society.
They'll use the funds for research projects.
Each participant made a donation as an entry free.
A number of teams also took pledges.
Vendors were on hand to keep participants hydrated and full before and after the walk.
Similar walks will be held in outlying communities in the coming weeks.
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd