More than 2 million people worldwide live with Multiple Sclerosis, and still little is known about this debilitating disease.
That's why hundreds of walkers came out to participate in the annual Walk MS event in Kennewick today.
The 4 mile walk along the Columbia River is the biggest fundraiser in the Tri-Cities for the National MS Society.
They'll use the funds for research projects.
Each participant made a donation as an entry free.
A number of teams also took pledges.
Vendors were on hand to keep participants hydrated and full before and after the walk.
Similar walks will be held in outlying communities in the coming weeks.
- Body found in Dayton mobile home fire
- How much should you earn to buy a home?
- Meth suspect arrested trying to flee from West Richland police
- BREAKING NEWS: Gas station robbery suspect on loose, Kennewick Police searching
- Two car collision on SR12 in Yakima ends in death
- Qatar: We can live under Arab embargo 'forever'