A female body was found under a bridge in Yakima County at the intersection of US Highway 97 and Marion Drain Wednesday around 11 a.m.
Washington State Department of Transportation employees were conducting an inspection of the bridge when they found the body.
The Yakima County Sheriff’s Office and Yakama Tribal Police Department responded to investigate, but the Yakima County Sheriff’s Office Swift Water Team was ultimately needed to recover the body.
Once the body was recovered, it was determined the body was a female. Her identity is unknown at this time. The body was turned over to the Yakima County Coroner’s Office where an autopsy will be performed at a later time and date.
At this time, the cause of death is unknown and this incident is still under investigation, however if you have any information you believe could be important contact the Yakima County Sheriff’s Office at 509-574-2500.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself