A number of Pendleton schools were on lockdown or lockouts Friday morning after students reported seeing a gunman walking near Washington Elementary.
Police arrived on the scene minutes later. Witnesses described Deputies tracked down the person shortly after.
The adult indivudual was carrying a BB gun down Byers Avenue by 3rd Street.
Although Oregon is an open carry state, police condemned the person for “poor decision-making” by bringing an item resembling a firearm near the school.
Friday’s incident was Pendleton’s second school lockdown in a row.
An unknown individual inadvertently dialed an emergency code from Pendleton High School on Thursday. While it turned out to be a false alarm, it triggered a lockdown of all schools in the district.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location