Green Park Elementary School is partnering with Pasco-born artist, Adream de Valdivia, to create a mural for the campus that will depict a boy reading. The painting will be a six-paneled piece that will be painted by all 400 students at the school. Valdivia says he wants every student to put their own touch on the painting, so they are able to remember the project well into adulthood.
“We at least have them paint something, like the dots that come from an Aborginal art style from Australia. To have them contribute and have a connection with this project is important. "
The mural will be completed on Thursday and the final unveiling will be on Monday, March 13th.
- New Hanford site kiosk unveiled at Richland Public Library
- Crews continue to battle wildfire in Selah
- PNNL denies whistleblower retaliation against worker
- Lawmakers react to GOP healthcare plan before the Senate
- Richland police arrest suspected child molester
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?