The Walla Walla Exchange Club is hosting its 20th annual Ducky Derby race to help prevent child abuse.
The derby will be on Saturday May 20 at Mill Creek in Walla Walla. It starts at 2 p.m.
The race will be the highlight of the Columbia REA Family Fun Festival. Thousands of yellow plastic ducks will float a stretch of the creek to win prizes while supporting a meaningful cause.
Attendees can adopt a duck for $5 or five ducks for $20. The proceeds will go toward child abuse prevention and youth support groups in the Walla Walla Valley.
Top prizes include a 2017 Toyota Corolla and $12,500 in cash.
The Family Fun Festival will be from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. by the Walla Walla Community College Athletic Fields. It will include free soda, popcorn and 25 cent hotdogs.
Parking will be at the Dietrich Activity Center, also known as “the dome.”
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape
- 4 arrested after Walmart shoplifting in Pasco