Walla Walla Town Center has announced the anchor tenants for its new open-air shopping mall.
The 360,000 square foot community center will be the region’s largest-ever shopping destination. It’s expected to open in the spring of 2018.
The new stores will be located at the former Blue Mountain Mall at the intersection of Rose Street, Poplar Street and Myra Road.
It will be anchored by Bed Bath & Beyond, Famous Footwear, Hobby Lobby, Marshall’s, Ross, Ulta, Shopko and Sportsman’s Warehouse. Other shops have yet to be announced.
More than 70 percent of the shopping center has already been leased.
“We expect to make more tenant announcements later this year,” said Alan Gottieb, REA president and co-developer on the project. He added that his company will continue trying to involve smaller players into the Walla Walla Town Center’s leasing program.
Construction is scheduled to begin this summer.
The much-needed shopping center will benefit Walla Walla’s fast-growing economy and trade area that spans over 50 miles, Gottieb said.
He added the nearest shopping destination of this magnitude is located over an hour away in the Tri-Cities.
“We are providing a place for people to shop but also a destination for people to come together,” Gottieb said.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities