The Yakima Fire Department responded to two separate brush fires yesterday.
The first began around three p.m. on the 6100 block of Englewood Avenue.
A homeowner was burning weeds on his property when it quickly spread to several other plants, trees, and a neighbor's fence.
One man received burns to his arms and neck trying to put the blaze out.
Hours later, firefighters were called out to the 1900 block of Gordon Road between the Greenway and Berglund Lake.
Two bicyclists were first on scene and reported the fire
They saw juveniles running from the scene, but were unable to identify them.
- Turkey blocks Wikipedia over what it calls terror 'smear campaign'
- Rattlesnakes come out of hibernation in the Tri-Cities
- Community members spread messages of acceptance outside of Prosser school
- Community scared after recent violence in Yakima
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties