The Yakima Fire Department responded to two separate brush fires yesterday.
The first began around three p.m. on the 6100 block of Englewood Avenue.
A homeowner was burning weeds on his property when it quickly spread to several other plants, trees, and a neighbor's fence.
One man received burns to his arms and neck trying to put the blaze out.
Hours later, firefighters were called out to the 1900 block of Gordon Road between the Greenway and Berglund Lake.
Two bicyclists were first on scene and reported the fire
They saw juveniles running from the scene, but were unable to identify them.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget