The Yakima Fire Department responded to two separate brush fires yesterday.
The first began around three p.m. on the 6100 block of Englewood Avenue.
A homeowner was burning weeds on his property when it quickly spread to several other plants, trees, and a neighbor's fence.
One man received burns to his arms and neck trying to put the blaze out.
Hours later, firefighters were called out to the 1900 block of Gordon Road between the Greenway and Berglund Lake.
Two bicyclists were first on scene and reported the fire
They saw juveniles running from the scene, but were unable to identify them.
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater