The City of Yakima Fire Department is investigating a suspicious fire.
It broke out around two this morning on the 400 block of North Fifth Avenue in a two story house that contained three buildings.
They were determined to be a hazard by firefighters because they've been burned multiple times previously, which has compromised the stability of the buildings.
Using ladders, crews searched for possible occupants and deteremined there were none, so they attacked the fire from the outside.
They believe the blaze was started from the outside.
They found no ignition sources.
Damage is listed at $30,000 dollars.
The investigation continues.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds