The City of Yakima Fire Department is investigating a suspicious fire.
It broke out around two this morning on the 400 block of North Fifth Avenue in a two story house that contained three buildings.
They were determined to be a hazard by firefighters because they've been burned multiple times previously, which has compromised the stability of the buildings.
Using ladders, crews searched for possible occupants and deteremined there were none, so they attacked the fire from the outside.
They believe the blaze was started from the outside.
They found no ignition sources.
Damage is listed at $30,000 dollars.
The investigation continues.
- Benton County deputies seize $1.6 million of marijuana
- 1 dead after semi vs. train collision near I-82
- Patients react to Walla Walla General Hospital closure announcement
- Landscaping product business burglarized by two masked men
- Yakima council will revisit public safety ordinance
- Yakima Chamber of Commerce announces 2017 community service award recipient