The City of Yakima Fire Department is investigating a suspicious fire.
It broke out around two this morning on the 400 block of North Fifth Avenue in a two story house that contained three buildings.
They were determined to be a hazard by firefighters because they've been burned multiple times previously, which has compromised the stability of the buildings.
Using ladders, crews searched for possible occupants and deteremined there were none, so they attacked the fire from the outside.
They believe the blaze was started from the outside.
They found no ignition sources.
Damage is listed at $30,000 dollars.
The investigation continues.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown