The City of Yakima Fire Department is investigating a suspicious fire.
It broke out around two this morning on the 400 block of North Fifth Avenue in a two story house that contained three buildings.
They were determined to be a hazard by firefighters because they've been burned multiple times previously, which has compromised the stability of the buildings.
Using ladders, crews searched for possible occupants and deteremined there were none, so they attacked the fire from the outside.
They believe the blaze was started from the outside.
They found no ignition sources.
Damage is listed at $30,000 dollars.
The investigation continues.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities