A flood advisory for central Yakima County will be in effect until 8 a.m. Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service.
The weather service is warning residents that snowmelt runoff is likely to continue with warmer temperatures on the way. There is also rain forecast for Monday afternoon and evening across Yakima Valley.
Rivers are expected to rise this week, the weather service said. The Naches River is expected to reach the “action stage,” meaning waters could inundate riverbanks and beach areas. It is not projected to reach the official flood stage.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location