A flood advisory for central Yakima County will be in effect until 8 a.m. Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service.
The weather service is warning residents that snowmelt runoff is likely to continue with warmer temperatures on the way. There is also rain forecast for Monday afternoon and evening across Yakima Valley.
Rivers are expected to rise this week, the weather service said. The Naches River is expected to reach the “action stage,” meaning waters could inundate riverbanks and beach areas. It is not projected to reach the official flood stage.
- Authorities find WWII-era grenade near Port Townsend
- Teacher accused of having sex with student heads to trial
- Police kill machete-wielding man in Des Moines
- Police ask for help to locate missing 76-year-old Yakima man
- Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival coming to Kennewick on Apr. 29