A Yakima teen dies in crash near Selah yesterday.
According to the Washington State Patrol, two pickup trucks were northbound on North Wenas Road.
The first pickup, driven by 28-year-old Steven Gibbs of Selah, attempted to pass another, driven by 18-year-old Clayton Kester of Yakima.
Kester attempted to make a left turn onto Lancaster Road and was struck by Gibbs.
Kester was transported to Harborview Medical Center, where he later died.
Gibbs was treated locally.
It's unknown if drugs or alcohol were involved.
The WSP says charges are pending.
- Portland police detain people in downtown protest
- Gonzaga won't cancel Friday classes for Final Four
- State agency says more funds needed to fight wildfires
- Portion of S.R. 821 to close Saturday for Yakima River Canyon Marathon
- Portland-based comedian to perform at Hermiston Chamber luncheon
- Pasco Police ask community to help find suspect connected to gun charge