A Yakima teen dies in crash near Selah yesterday.
According to the Washington State Patrol, two pickup trucks were northbound on North Wenas Road.
The first pickup, driven by 28-year-old Steven Gibbs of Selah, attempted to pass another, driven by 18-year-old Clayton Kester of Yakima.
Kester attempted to make a left turn onto Lancaster Road and was struck by Gibbs.
Kester was transported to Harborview Medical Center, where he later died.
Gibbs was treated locally.
It's unknown if drugs or alcohol were involved.
The WSP says charges are pending.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome