A Yakima teen dies in crash near Selah yesterday.
According to the Washington State Patrol, two pickup trucks were northbound on North Wenas Road.
The first pickup, driven by 28-year-old Steven Gibbs of Selah, attempted to pass another, driven by 18-year-old Clayton Kester of Yakima.
Kester attempted to make a left turn onto Lancaster Road and was struck by Gibbs.
Kester was transported to Harborview Medical Center, where he later died.
Gibbs was treated locally.
It's unknown if drugs or alcohol were involved.
The WSP says charges are pending.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location