High school students from Cheney to Burbank meeting today at Columbia Basin College in Pasco to put their metal working skills to the test.
Ten teams made up of students involved in the Future Farmers of America (FFA) competing in a metal art contest.
Students creating art sculptures of their choosing during a six-hour period using up to five members on each team.
The true test comes when students use welders and a variety of small power and hand tools to create their works of art.
All of the sculptures created will be sold at auction.
Proceeds from this year's auction will be donated to the Washington State FFA Foundation to support future activities.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location