High school students from Cheney to Burbank meeting today at Columbia Basin College in Pasco to put their metal working skills to the test.
Ten teams made up of students involved in the Future Farmers of America (FFA) competing in a metal art contest.
Students creating art sculptures of their choosing during a six-hour period using up to five members on each team.
The true test comes when students use welders and a variety of small power and hand tools to create their works of art.
All of the sculptures created will be sold at auction.
Proceeds from this year's auction will be donated to the Washington State FFA Foundation to support future activities.
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market
- Wa-Hi Dance Team takes 4th in state championship
- Burglary, theft suspect wanted in Yakima County after escape from community custody
- Secretary of state will undergo treatment for colon cancer