Education officials in Washington State say 13 schools, 4 of which are in Yakima County, will be getting federal dollars to improve their schools.
The three year grants range from $50,000 to $3 million a year.
The local schools receiving school improvement grants are Barge Lincoln, McKinley and Martin Luther King Elementary, along with White Swan High School.
The money will be used for a variety of improvement activities, ranging from teacher training to classroom supplies and materials.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities