Education officials in Washington State say 13 schools, 4 of which are in Yakima County, will be getting federal dollars to improve their schools.
The three year grants range from $50,000 to $3 million a year.
The local schools receiving school improvement grants are Barge Lincoln, McKinley and Martin Luther King Elementary, along with White Swan High School.
The money will be used for a variety of improvement activities, ranging from teacher training to classroom supplies and materials.
- Senate Passes construction budget
- Trios Health to layoff employees due to debt
- Brothers face murder trial together in Pasco slaying
- Murder suspect was flirting with women at his slain wife's funeral, witness said
- Final Four teams begin preparations for semis in Arizona
- ICE officers arrest over 80 foreign nationals in Pacific Northwest