Hundreds of people are expected to turn out at the Yakima Convention Center today to meet and greet with local businesses.
The Greater Yakima Chamber of Commerce is hosting it's annual Business 2 Consumer Expo today.
Locals get the chance to meet and get connected with businesses and organizations located around town.
Organizers say it's also meant to encourage people to shop and do their business locally.
"It's best to spend your money at home," said Chamber of Commerce President Verlynn Best, "I'm a big person about buying local, and this gives you an opportunity to meet the businesses that have services to offer."
The event runs until 7 tonight -- with several prize drawings throughout the day.
- Inmate populations in Yakima County climbing fast
- Home improvement scams on the rise this Spring
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'