Hundreds of people are expected to turn out at the Yakima Convention Center today to meet and greet with local businesses.
The Greater Yakima Chamber of Commerce is hosting it's annual Business 2 Consumer Expo today.
Locals get the chance to meet and get connected with businesses and organizations located around town.
Organizers say it's also meant to encourage people to shop and do their business locally.
"It's best to spend your money at home," said Chamber of Commerce President Verlynn Best, "I'm a big person about buying local, and this gives you an opportunity to meet the businesses that have services to offer."
The event runs until 7 tonight -- with several prize drawings throughout the day.
- New Hanford site kiosk unveiled at Richland Public Library
- Crews continue to battle wildfire in Selah
- PNNL denies whistleblower retaliation against worker
- Lawmakers react to GOP healthcare plan before the Senate
- Richland police arrest suspected child molester
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?