The Coyote Ridge Corrections Center in Connell is on a modified lockdown following an inmate fight last night.
It started as a one-on-one altercation last night in the minimum security section that escalated to involve 22 inmates.
Three inmates were treated for injuries.
Movement in the prison is restricted today and several activities have been canceled.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome