Following a disappointing season last year, cherry growers are expecting a large crop this year.
The Northwest Cherry Growers association says about 20 million boxes of cherries are forecasted this year -- up from 14 million the year before. '
The largest crop was 23 million boxes, back in 2012 -- cherry harvest season will begin next month.
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations