Next May will be the last time the Walla Walla Balloon Stampede will be held over the Mother's Day weekend.
But hold on -- the balloons are not going anywhere.
In fact, they'll be back in October of next year too -- kind of a two for one in 2015.
Then in 2016 -- the annual event will be solely held in October.
Organizers say the move provides better weather for flying and allows local restaurants not to have to deal with Mother's Day crowds and balloon stampede related guests.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown