Next May will be the last time the Walla Walla Balloon Stampede will be held over the Mother's Day weekend.
But hold on -- the balloons are not going anywhere.
In fact, they'll be back in October of next year too -- kind of a two for one in 2015.
Then in 2016 -- the annual event will be solely held in October.
Organizers say the move provides better weather for flying and allows local restaurants not to have to deal with Mother's Day crowds and balloon stampede related guests.
- Benton County deputies seize $1.6 million of marijuana
- 1 dead after semi vs. train collision near I-82
- Patients react to Walla Walla General Hospital closure announcement
- Landscaping product business burglarized by two masked men
- Yakima council will revisit public safety ordinance
- Yakima Chamber of Commerce announces 2017 community service award recipient