Students from all across our region come together at Yakima Valley Community college for a science olympiad.
YVCC, Heritage University, Pacific Northwest University helped put together their annual fair this weekend.
Students got the chance to compete in several science challenge, such as egg drops, cart building, helicopter building.
One student says he could possibly pursue a career in science and technology in the future.
"I think my favorite was the cart, because I really got to build with it hands on." said Highlands Middle School student Rylie Curn, "It was really fun to figure out the different brake systems and propulsion."
Students with the top scores from this weekends olympiad will go on to compete in the state competition in April.
- Supporters of Hanford Reach worried about Trump action
- Missing Seattle woman found dead in Columbia River
- Police searching for driver missing from car wreck
- Google Maps now remembers where you parked your car
- Seahawk's "Blitz" to entertain students in Yakima today
- Bride of ISIS: From 'happily ever after' to hell