Students from all across our region come together at Yakima Valley Community college for a science olympiad.
YVCC, Heritage University, Pacific Northwest University helped put together their annual fair this weekend.
Students got the chance to compete in several science challenge, such as egg drops, cart building, helicopter building.
One student says he could possibly pursue a career in science and technology in the future.
"I think my favorite was the cart, because I really got to build with it hands on." said Highlands Middle School student Rylie Curn, "It was really fun to figure out the different brake systems and propulsion."
Students with the top scores from this weekends olympiad will go on to compete in the state competition in April.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location