Students from all across our region come together at Yakima Valley Community college for a science olympiad.
YVCC, Heritage University, Pacific Northwest University helped put together their annual fair this weekend.
Students got the chance to compete in several science challenge, such as egg drops, cart building, helicopter building.
One student says he could possibly pursue a career in science and technology in the future.
"I think my favorite was the cart, because I really got to build with it hands on." said Highlands Middle School student Rylie Curn, "It was really fun to figure out the different brake systems and propulsion."
Students with the top scores from this weekends olympiad will go on to compete in the state competition in April.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape