A man is in jail after allegedly stealing more than $1500 in books and DVDs from local libraries.
Jason Durston was arrested Friday after attempting to steal 11 movies from the Mid-Columbia Library local libraries. During the course of the investigation, it was determined that Durston was also a suspect in a theft last month where he had checked out 33 items using a stolen library card at the other Mid-Columbia Library location.
That same day, he went to Keewaydin Branch Library and checked out 67 more items using the same stolen card. The items were not returned to the library. A search of his house found the stolen items.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds