YAKIMA, Wash. -- Police arrested a 35-year old man on Sunday after he barricaded himself inside his home for nearly two hours.
The Yakima Herald reports Yakima Police Department responded to a domestic violence call on the 1500 block of Lincoln Avenue around 12 p.m. The suspect entered the house, which belonged to his brother, and began causing damage to the home.
The Herald reports the suspect then went next door to his house, where he barricaded himself inside. A SWAT team comprised of officers from the Yakima Police Department, Yakima County Sheriff's Office, Union Gap Police, and Grandview Police. Authorities surrounded the home and began evacuating nearby residences.
The suspect eventually climbed onto the roof, arming himself with several knives. The Yakima Herald reports he dropped the weapons before climbing down on a Yakima Fire Department truck ladder. He was then arrested.
Information from: The Yakima Herald, http://www.yakimaherald.com.
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop
- West Richland man is sentenced to 11 years in federal prision for receipt of child pornography