HERMISTON, Ore. - A 24-year-old man was arrested for sexual assault of a minor Tuesday in Hermiston.
Elias Nava Flores allegedly had sexual contact with a child under twelve years of age in April.
The Umatilla County Sheriff’s Office and the Oregon State Police in partnership with the Umatilla County District Attorney’s Office have been investigating the case.
Officials received information from the victim’s relative about inappropriate sexual contact between Flores and the victim.
On May 2, detectives interviewed Flores about the allegations and took him into custody. He had methamphetamine when he was arrested.
Flores was booked into the Umatilla County Jail for charges of Rape in the First Degree, Sodomy in the First Degree and Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine.
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations