A man armed with a knife and what appeared to be a gun attempted to rob a group of juvenile males in Kennewick last night.
Police say the man, 25 year old David Meraz, approached the children on 4th and Beech street around 8pm and attempted to take a cell phone. He was unable to do so, and fled on foot.
Police were able to catch up with him on 5th and Date.
He was taken into custody without incident and was booked for robbery and possession of Methamphetamine.
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool