A man armed with a knife and what appeared to be a gun attempted to rob a group of juvenile males in Kennewick last night.
Police say the man, 25 year old David Meraz, approached the children on 4th and Beech street around 8pm and attempted to take a cell phone. He was unable to do so, and fled on foot.
Police were able to catch up with him on 5th and Date.
He was taken into custody without incident and was booked for robbery and possession of Methamphetamine.
- Afghan troops withdraw from key area in fight with Taliban
- Khalid Masood: What we know about the London attacker
- High school students get glimpse into future careers
- Ducks end Michigan's run with 69-68 victory, head to Elite 8
- CBC officials work to promote healthy studying, combatting drug usage
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding