Benton County Prosecutor Andy Miller charges a Kennewick man with vehicular homicide.
According to court documents, Michael Steven Johnson drove a car in a reckless manner, striking and killing 52-year-old Nina Howard.
Court documents state Officer Lee Cooper who reposnded to the scene calculated Johnson was traveling 72 mph in a 40 mph zone.
The accident took place on April 8th near the intersection of Ely and 27th Ave. in Kennewick.
Johnson will be in court for his arraignment June 5th.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape