FINLEY, Wash. - A man charged with multiple counts of child rape in Benton County was arrested Wednesday after trying to cross the U.S.-Mexico border.
Detectives say Salvador Lopez-Vidal, 23, had been under investigation since October. He’s accused of raping a child four times and molesting a child twice while living in Finley.
He left the area and the Benton County Sheriff’s Office determined he had fled to Mexico, according to a news release.
A nationwide extraditable arrest warrant was issued for the suspect’s arrest.
On Wednesday, Immigration Customs Enforcement Agents informed the Benton County Sheriff’s Office that he was arrested trying to reenter the United States at the San Diego border crossing.
Lopez-Vidal will be held at the San Diego County Jail until he is transported back to Benton County where he will stand trial.
- Detectives arrest 20 alleged child sex predators in undercover sting operation
- Police: Teen tries to smash deputy's patrol car with cinder block
- Pasco Police investigating suspicious fire in US Postal Office parking lot
- Pasco Police go pink for October
- Couple pleads guilty to neglecting severely malnourished boy