A man is in jail after assaulting a woman at Subway on Clearwater Avenue in Kennewick Sunday morning.
Police say the victim was opening the store when the suspect, 34 year old Zackary Bailie, allegedly knocked on the door, and pushed his way in. He reportedly started arguing with victim over an upcoming court date, then assaulted her.
The victime was able to call 911, and Bailie fled the store. He was located at a local business nearby and arrested.
He faces charges of burglary, domestic assault, and tampering with a witness.
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified