A man faces vehicular homicide charges after one of his passengers is killed in a wreck earlier this month.
Police say Jesus Benitez was driving a car along the 1600 block of East Beech Street in Yakima, along with two other passengers.
Benitez allegedly left the roadway onto a gravel shoulder, and collided with a tree, ejecting one of the passengers, Jose Valencia.
Valencia was pronounced dead at the scene.
Court documents state Benitez appeared to be under the influence at the time of the collision -- tests have been sent off to the state crime lab.
His bail is set at $150,000
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds