A man faces vehicular homicide charges after one of his passengers is killed in a wreck earlier this month.
Police say Jesus Benitez was driving a car along the 1600 block of East Beech Street in Yakima, along with two other passengers.
Benitez allegedly left the roadway onto a gravel shoulder, and collided with a tree, ejecting one of the passengers, Jose Valencia.
Valencia was pronounced dead at the scene.
Court documents state Benitez appeared to be under the influence at the time of the collision -- tests have been sent off to the state crime lab.
His bail is set at $150,000
- 2 injured in early morning accident
- Whirlpool: Hotpoint fridge owners should check units after London fire
- Police looking for shoplifters
- Demands to Qatar: Close Al Jazeera, reduce Iran ties
- The Latest: Apartment surveillance video shows no intruder in Seattle fatal shooting
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town