A Kennewick Waste Management driver got quite a surprise this morning while emptying a large dumpster on the 1500 block of West 7th Avenue.
Upon dumping the dumpster he saw in the mirror what appeared to be a person amidst the trash. The driver shut down the equipment and that's when Justin Neiman jumped out of the truck and got into a verbal argument with the driver, according to police.
When officers responded and contacted Neiman he stated that the posted notice on the dumpster says "DO NOT CLIMB ON, IN OR OCCUPY THIS CONTAINER" but does not specifically say "NO TRESPASSING" therefore he had a right to sleep in the dumpster that was located on private property.
Neiman was taken to the hospital with minor injuries after falling about 10 feet.
He was cited for criminal trespassing and released to medics.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome