We're learning more information about the people who were found dead in a West Pasco home.
Pasco Police officers reported to a welfare check yesterday morning on Redonda Dr. and that's where they found 36 -year-old Aaron Newport and 29-year-old Monique Williams.
Police said a gun was involved and the two died in a "violent way."
Friends of the deceased said they believe the two were involved in a relationship.
Newport has a criminal background both in Benton and Franklin Counties with convictions in 2008 including assault, burglary and criminal trespassing which took place in December 2007.
Also in 2008, Newport was accused of raping someone he was previously involved with.
I also took a look to see if Williams had a criminal background and did not find any charges or convictions against her.
A long time friend of Newport, who wishes to remain anonymous, sent us a statement regarding Newport, he writes:
"Aaron was the most talented person I knew and had a huge heart. He loved to have fun with his friends and always looked out for us. A lot of people looked up to him, and he always made time for anyone that needed his help. There's nothing positive about this tragedy, we're really going to miss him. Please say a prayer for both families affected."
The autopsies for Newport and Williams are scheduled for Thursday morning.
- Family of homicide victim sues Oregon community college
- TONIGHT @ 5: Controversy over anti-pot billboard targeting Latinos and a preview on Water Follies
- Port of Benton invests $120K in Hanford visitor center
- Afternooon News Update
- Crossing political lines: city officials tackle challenges with political signs
- Health Department reviews anti-pot message aimed at Latinos