Investigators are still trying to piece together events that led to a shootout between a man and officers in Selah on Friday.
The man, identified as Jesse Humphrey, was shot and killed by officers after exchanging gunfire with them in a neighborhood in Selah.
Deputies were in the area on a search warrant regarding two thefts, when Humphrey refused to come out of the home where the warrant was being served.
No officers were seriously injured in the standoff.
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture