The Walla Walla County Fire Department and Sheriffs have confirmed that a man was killed after being hit by a train near Boise Cascade, just outside of Burbank. We have learned that the man was working on the tracks when he got stuck and hit by the train. The accident remains under investigation.
UPDATE: We received a statement from the Union Pacific Railroad stating, we are saddened to report that today, around 5 a.m., a Union Pacific employee was fatally injured in the Wallula, WA, rail yard. The incident is under investigation and no details are available at this time. No other injuries were reported. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family, friends and coworkers of the employee. We will provide more information when it becomes available.
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market