An elderly man is recovering this evening after passing out on a flag pole this afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the federal courthouse in Yakima just after noon after a man passed out while working on a flag pole.
Crews say the man was apparently dehydrated and blacked out, falling from his harness and hanging upside down.
Teams were able to rescue the man in a matter of minutes.
One witness says he watched the whole event take place.
"I thought he was falling off the pole at first, I thought his harness gave way and he was falling off the pole." said Brent Journeay, "But when he flipped, and was hanging there, I knew he wasn't falling off the pole at that point."
Firefighters say the man did not suffer any serious injuries, he was taken to the hospital to be treated.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities