A man pleaded guilty yesterday in Pendleton to killing his girlfriend in Echo and assaulting another inmate in the Umatilla County Jail.
A judge sentenced 30-year-old Daniel Lee Smith to 35 years in prison.
Smith pleaded guilty to manslaughter and assault to avoid possible murder and attempted murder convictions that could have put him in prison for life without parole. He also pleaded guilty to manufacturing methamphetamine.
Samanatha Brown was killed on June 9th, leaving four children under the age of 7.
- Amazon Prime Day promo starts night of July 10, now 30 hours
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Controversial cannabis shop put on hold
- Tri-Cities Community Health CEO sees no benefits in GOP health care plan
- Kennewick Fire warns fireworks could result in $5,000 fine, jail time
- New Hanford site kiosk unveiled at Richland Public Library