A man pleaded guilty yesterday in Pendleton to killing his girlfriend in Echo and assaulting another inmate in the Umatilla County Jail.
A judge sentenced 30-year-old Daniel Lee Smith to 35 years in prison.
Smith pleaded guilty to manslaughter and assault to avoid possible murder and attempted murder convictions that could have put him in prison for life without parole. He also pleaded guilty to manufacturing methamphetamine.
Samanatha Brown was killed on June 9th, leaving four children under the age of 7.
- Meals on Wheels hosts first ever local fundraiser
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding