A Yakima man accused of soliciting a hit on his daughter in law will no longer be going to trial.
Gerald Shafer pleaded guilty yesterday to felony harassment and domestic violence threat to kill.
Before the deal, he was charged with solicitation of murder -- court documents state shafer offered an undercover officer money to kill his daughter in law.
Their conversation was recorded, which subsequently led to Shafer's arrest.
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres