A Yakima man accused of soliciting a hit on his daughter in law will no longer be going to trial.
Gerald Shafer pleaded guilty yesterday to felony harassment and domestic violence threat to kill.
Before the deal, he was charged with solicitation of murder -- court documents state shafer offered an undercover officer money to kill his daughter in law.
Their conversation was recorded, which subsequently led to Shafer's arrest.
- 3 young children, 2 adults injured in wrong way collision on I-82
- Portland police detain people in downtown protest
- Gonzaga won't cancel Friday classes for Final Four
- State agency says more funds needed to fight wildfires
- Portion of S.R. 821 to close Saturday for Yakima River Canyon Marathon
- Portland-based comedian to perform at Hermiston Chamber luncheon