A man was drowning Tuesday in Rimrock late but was saved by a lifeguard and four students from a local school.
The man drowning became pinned between a boat that he was on and the boom from the sail.
The lifeguard on scene began helping the man but could not get him loose alone. That is when four Westpark Christian Academy students jumped in to help get the man free.
The school was on an end of the year trip, the students didn't want to be identified and put in the limelight for their actions.
- New Hanford site kiosk unveiled at Richland Public Library
- Crews continue to battle wildfire in Selah
- PNNL denies whistleblower retaliation against worker
- Lawmakers react to GOP healthcare plan before the Senate
- Richland police arrest suspected child molester
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?