From the Yakima County Sheriffs Department:
At approx. 3:45-4:00 PM on 8/18/14 a 24 year old male Toppenish area resident was walking eastbound on Larue Rd near the intersection of Casey Rd when a small dark, possibly four door, vehicle drove by him. The front passenger fired three or four shots at the victim. One of the shots struck the victim in his left leg. The vehicle then continued eastbound on Larue Rd towards Hwy 22. The victim then hid in the bushes and called friends to come pick him up. The friends arrived and then transported him to the Toppenish Hospital where law enforcement was contacted.
The victim said he believes there were up to three occupants in the vehicle. The victim could not give any more information other than the vehicle occupants were male and possibly Hispanic. The victim said he does not have any information as to why the subject(s) were shooting at him.
The victim’s injuries are not considered life threatening.
The victim’s name is not being released at this time.
If you have any further information please contact the Yakima County Sheriff’s Office at 509-574-2500.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget