A 19 year old was shot while riding his bike in Yakima earlier this evening. The shooting is believed to be gang related. The official release from the Yakima police department is below:
On 2-13-14 at 6:24pm, Yakima Police Officers responded to the area of Clarke Ave and Roosevelt Ave regarding shots fired then updated to a gunshot victim. Further investigation revealed the victim was riding his bike in the area, when the shooting occurred. The victim, a 19 year old male, was struck one time in the right upper torso. The victim was transported to a local hospital and later flown to Harbor View for further medical treatment.
Officers located shell casings at the scene and the incident is believed to be gang related. The investigation is ongoing and anyone with additional information can contact the Yakima Police Department at 575-6200.
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market