A 19 year old was shot while riding his bike in Yakima earlier this evening. The shooting is believed to be gang related. The official release from the Yakima police department is below:
On 2-13-14 at 6:24pm, Yakima Police Officers responded to the area of Clarke Ave and Roosevelt Ave regarding shots fired then updated to a gunshot victim. Further investigation revealed the victim was riding his bike in the area, when the shooting occurred. The victim, a 19 year old male, was struck one time in the right upper torso. The victim was transported to a local hospital and later flown to Harbor View for further medical treatment.
Officers located shell casings at the scene and the incident is believed to be gang related. The investigation is ongoing and anyone with additional information can contact the Yakima Police Department at 575-6200.
- Global cyberattack: What you need to know
- Massive malware attack: Who's been hit
- State lawmakers pull all-nighter to try to reach budget deal, avert government shutdown
- Elderly woman found dead floating in pool
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor