Students at Summitview Elementary in Yakima got a special visit this afternoon.
Mariners second baseman Nick Franklin spoke to kids about living a healthy and drug free lifestyle.
It's part of the Seattle Mariner's baseball caravan tour, where they will be visiting cities across the state to promote the upcoming season.
Franklin says the team is re-energized and restaffed, and ready to compete this upcoming season.
"We've got a new coaching staff, brought in some new players," said Franklin, "I'm really looking forward to the 2014 season. It's going to be a good one, I know that the past couple seasons haven't been as great, but I think everybody is looking forward to this one and excited to get rolling."
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape