Students at Summitview Elementary in Yakima got a special visit this afternoon.
Mariners second baseman Nick Franklin spoke to kids about living a healthy and drug free lifestyle.
It's part of the Seattle Mariner's baseball caravan tour, where they will be visiting cities across the state to promote the upcoming season.
Franklin says the team is re-energized and restaffed, and ready to compete this upcoming season.
"We've got a new coaching staff, brought in some new players," said Franklin, "I'm really looking forward to the 2014 season. It's going to be a good one, I know that the past couple seasons haven't been as great, but I think everybody is looking forward to this one and excited to get rolling."
- Lawmakers react to GOP healthcare plan before the Senate
- Richland police arrest suspected child molester
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?
- Fireworks cause brush fire, destroying Hermiston duplex
- Richland fireworks volunteers hoping to give back with proceeds
- Selah fire grows to at least 2,800 acres