MATTAWA, Wash.– An 18-year-old Mattawa woman is in custody for phoning in a false threat concerning Wahluke High School in Mattawa Jan. 16.
Jennifer Lopez was arrested this morning after a joint investigation by Mattawa Police, the Grant County Sheriff’s Office and Wahluke School District. Investigators identified Lopez as the person who called in the MACC 911 center early Jan. 16 saying she had received a private message on Facebook which stated someone was going to go to the school to commit a multiple shooting. She refused to identify herself to dispatchers. A search warrant was later served enabling investigators to access her Facebook account which revealed no such private message was received by Lopez.
Lopez, a senior at Wahluke High School at the time of the threat, is lodged in the Grant County Jail on suspicion of making threats to bomb or injure property. Wahluke School District has expelled Lopez.
The threat forced Wahluke schools into a limited lockdown this past Thursday and Friday.
- Controversial cannabis shop put on hold
- Tri-Cities Community Health CEO sees no benefits in GOP health care plan
- Kennewick Fire warns fireworks could result in $5,000 fine, jail time
- New Hanford site kiosk unveiled at Richland Public Library
- Crews continue to battle wildfire in Selah
- PNNL denies whistleblower retaliation against worker