MATTAWA, Wash.– An 18-year-old Mattawa woman is in custody for phoning in a false threat concerning Wahluke High School in Mattawa Jan. 16.
Jennifer Lopez was arrested this morning after a joint investigation by Mattawa Police, the Grant County Sheriff’s Office and Wahluke School District. Investigators identified Lopez as the person who called in the MACC 911 center early Jan. 16 saying she had received a private message on Facebook which stated someone was going to go to the school to commit a multiple shooting. She refused to identify herself to dispatchers. A search warrant was later served enabling investigators to access her Facebook account which revealed no such private message was received by Lopez.
Lopez, a senior at Wahluke High School at the time of the threat, is lodged in the Grant County Jail on suspicion of making threats to bomb or injure property. Wahluke School District has expelled Lopez.
The threat forced Wahluke schools into a limited lockdown this past Thursday and Friday.
- Senate Passes construction budget
- Trios Health to layoff employees due to debt
- Brothers face murder trial together in Pasco slaying
- Murder suspect was flirting with women at his slain wife's funeral, witness said
- Final Four teams begin preparations for semis in Arizona
- ICE officers arrest over 80 foreign nationals in Pacific Northwest