A memorial service was held for a 52-year-old Kennewick woman who was truck and killed by a car on Tuesday.
Nina Howard's service took place in a building that is part of the Buddhist Temple on 27th Ave. in Kennewick just yards away from where Howard was hit.
Her boyfriend of two years tells us he and Howard were members of the temple.
"If you do good for Nina, it will come back to you," said Bounxou Xaysy.
He says Howard contributed a lot of effort to helping people, he hopes in her memory, others will do the same.
The memorial is open to the public and it starts at 6 tonight.
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River