SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) -- A state judge from the Tri-Cities has been nominated by President Obama to become a federal judge for Eastern Washington.
Salvador Mendoza Jr. was nominated on Thursday.
Mendoza has been a Superior Court judge for Benton and Franklin counties since last year. Before that he was a lawyer in private practice, and also worked as a deputy prosecuting attorney and in the state Attorney General's office.
Mendoza received his undergraduate degree from the University of Washington and his law degree from UCLA.
- Crews continue to battle wildfire in Selah
- PNNL denies whistleblower retaliation against worker
- Lawmakers react to GOP healthcare plan before the Senate
- Richland police arrest suspected child molester
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?
- Fireworks cause brush fire, destroying Hermiston duplex