Tri-Cities native Conner Mertens of Willamette University, who recently became the first college football player at any level to come out as bisexual, sent us a statement regarding Missouri's Michael Sam and Sam's decision to come out as gay prior to the NFL draft.
Samscould become the first openly gay active player in NFL history should he make a roster in the fall.
Mertens writes, "I think it's going to give a ton of momentum to the LGBT athlete community and we are going to see a lot more athletes across a lot of different sports coming out in the next couple of months. Change is here."
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds