Tri-Cities native Conner Mertens of Willamette University, who recently became the first college football player at any level to come out as bisexual, sent us a statement regarding Missouri's Michael Sam and Sam's decision to come out as gay prior to the NFL draft.
Samscould become the first openly gay active player in NFL history should he make a roster in the fall.
Mertens writes, "I think it's going to give a ton of momentum to the LGBT athlete community and we are going to see a lot more athletes across a lot of different sports coming out in the next couple of months. Change is here."
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location