Tri-Cities native Conner Mertens of Willamette University, who recently became the first college football player at any level to come out as bisexual, sent us a statement regarding Missouri's Michael Sam and Sam's decision to come out as gay prior to the NFL draft.
Samscould become the first openly gay active player in NFL history should he make a roster in the fall.
Mertens writes, "I think it's going to give a ton of momentum to the LGBT athlete community and we are going to see a lot more athletes across a lot of different sports coming out in the next couple of months. Change is here."
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape