Tri-Cities native Conner Mertens of Willamette University, who recently became the first college football player at any level to come out as bisexual, sent us a statement regarding Missouri's Michael Sam and Sam's decision to come out as gay prior to the NFL draft.
Samscould become the first openly gay active player in NFL history should he make a roster in the fall.
Mertens writes, "I think it's going to give a ton of momentum to the LGBT athlete community and we are going to see a lot more athletes across a lot of different sports coming out in the next couple of months. Change is here."
- Whirlpool: Hotpoint fridge owners should check units after London fire
- Police looking for shoplifters
- Demands to Qatar: Close Al Jazeera, reduce Iran ties
- The Latest: Apartment surveillance video shows no intruder in Seattle fatal shooting
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war