The Mid-Columbia Libraries raises 8,000 lbs of food in its "Food for Fines" program that is distributed to local food banks.
The two month drive that ended December 31st allows people to pay off their library fines with non-perishable food.
Each food item counts as $1 toward overdue fines and people can pay up to $10 per account.
Last year, the drive raised 7,000 lbs of food.
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds
- Upgrade your posters for a fresh look