The Milton- Freewater man making a cross country journey on horseback is now two weeks into his trip.
Right now Sam Hopkins-Hubbard is just outside of Fairfield Idaho.
He said both him and the horses are doing well.
Sam said there have been plenty of days where he has gotten frustrated with them and vise versa.
So far he is impressed with everyone he's meet along the way.
Sam said about 80% of the time people are friendly and interested in his journey.
Sam has had to make a few adjustments like re-arranging the pack so it is better balanced, and finding a cell phone store after his fell out of his pocket less then a week into the trip.
Overall Sam said the experience is going well and he is thankful for all of the support.
You can follow his trip on Facebook at "One Nation Ride".
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced
- Vulnerable pets earn second chance at life with generous donation
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem