The Milton- Freewater man making a cross country journey on horseback is now two weeks into his trip.
Right now Sam Hopkins-Hubbard is just outside of Fairfield Idaho.
He said both him and the horses are doing well.
Sam said there have been plenty of days where he has gotten frustrated with them and vise versa.
So far he is impressed with everyone he's meet along the way.
Sam said about 80% of the time people are friendly and interested in his journey.
Sam has had to make a few adjustments like re-arranging the pack so it is better balanced, and finding a cell phone store after his fell out of his pocket less then a week into the trip.
Overall Sam said the experience is going well and he is thankful for all of the support.
You can follow his trip on Facebook at "One Nation Ride".
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome