An 8-year-old girl is okay after she was reported missing last night on Chinook Pass.
The Yakima County Sheriff's Office received a call at 7 PM last night that she was missing and responded to the Little Naches area, where the family had set up camp.
Earlier in the afternoon, when the family had first arrived and were setting up camp the girl and her sister wnet out to gather fire wood. The girls became separated, and by 3 PM the family began searching with no luck. As darkness was setting in, the family called the Yakima County Sheriff's Office.
Search teams deployed and just before 11 PM last night, the girl was found approximately 2 miles away. She was OK and transported back to camp where she was reunited with her family.
- Turkey blocks Wikipedia over what it calls terror 'smear campaign'
- Rattlesnakes come out of hibernation in the Tri-Cities
- Community members spread messages of acceptance outside of Prosser school
- Community scared after recent violence in Yakima
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties