UMATILLA COUNTY, Wash. - The Portland man who went missing in Umatilla County was found around 11 p.m. Thursday.
Jeffrey Ryan Kelsay, 30, was last seen Tuesday near milepost 235 at about 3:30 p.m. on May 9 while driving eastbound toward Baker City. He spoke to his father on the phone at about 4:30 p.m. to say he ran out of gas and was walking along the interstate back toward Pendleton.
Thursday night Kelsay was located at a residence on McKay Creek Road near Pilot Rock. The homeowner called dispatch to report that Kelsay was on his front porch.
Kelsay was cold, wet and hungry. Search and Rescue personnel picked him up around midnight and reunited him with his family.
Kelsay had walked through relatively steep, forested land approximately eight miles from his last known location. Twenty-two Search and Rescue personnel worked over three days attempted to locate Kelsay.
- Navy parachutist dies during demonstration over Hudson River
- Seattle police investigate double shooting
- Eight people killed in Mississippi shooting spree
- Rollover accident leads to jail time in Pasco
- Washington judge sentences 5 people involved in sex sting
- Ferris wheel company seeks testimony on accident