Second Harvest along with ConAgra hosted a mobile food distribution event in Pasco.
The truck parked at the boys and girls club was filled with 8,500 pounds of fresh produce and other perishable food.
Shakila Kelly was picking up food for her family and a neighbor.
She said there are a lot of food donations around the holidays but it is nice to have some financial pressue relieved at any time of the year and there are a lot of pople who are constantly in need.
"I think it's awesome. You don't see a lot of it all the time, and there are a lot of people that need it all the time not just holidays," said Kelly.
According to 2nd Harvest 1 in 7 families struggle with hunger, and 1 in 4 children are at risk for a physical or mental condition linked to malnutrition.
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims