Second Harvest along with ConAgra hosted a mobile food distribution event in Pasco.
The truck parked at the boys and girls club was filled with 8,500 pounds of fresh produce and other perishable food.
Shakila Kelly was picking up food for her family and a neighbor.
She said there are a lot of food donations around the holidays but it is nice to have some financial pressue relieved at any time of the year and there are a lot of pople who are constantly in need.
"I think it's awesome. You don't see a lot of it all the time, and there are a lot of people that need it all the time not just holidays," said Kelly.
According to 2nd Harvest 1 in 7 families struggle with hunger, and 1 in 4 children are at risk for a physical or mental condition linked to malnutrition.
- Man in custody following Benton County standoff
- Crews start project to connect people to Columbia Park Trail in South Richland
- Local Marine runs ultra-marathon 8 months after being in a coma
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance