Washington retailers will hire more than 12,700 seasonal workers for the holiday shopping season this year.
That compares with 10,542 last year. The bulk of the seasonal hiring will be in general merchandise stores.
“Seasonal retail hiring across the state is expected to rebound this year after declining the past two years” said State employment economist Paul Turek.
He said “healthy wage growth amidst an improving employment situation should help raise holiday sales”. Benton, Franklin and Yakima counties expect to see a spike in hiring between now and December.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities