Washington retailers will hire more than 12,700 seasonal workers for the holiday shopping season this year.
That compares with 10,542 last year. The bulk of the seasonal hiring will be in general merchandise stores.
“Seasonal retail hiring across the state is expected to rebound this year after declining the past two years” said State employment economist Paul Turek.
He said “healthy wage growth amidst an improving employment situation should help raise holiday sales”. Benton, Franklin and Yakima counties expect to see a spike in hiring between now and December.
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market