The non-profit organization, Friends of Disabled Veterans sold 750 raffle tickets to help fund the purchase of 50 acres of land in West Pasco.
The land will serve as a place for veterans in the Tri-Cities and nationwide to unwind and gather with their fellow veterans in the great outdoors.
"It makes us all feel good. We have a lot of disabled veterans within the Tri-Cities and a lot of them don't really have a place here that they can go where they can be out with their families, friends and other veterans. This will be a place where they can go," CEO of Friends of Disabled Veterans, Brian Moore said.
Former NFL tight end for the Washington Redskins, Clint Didier pulled the winning raffle ticket Saturday morning.
Tri-City local, Jason Young's name was called and he won a shopping spree worth over five thousand dollars to Kennewick Ranch and Home.
The non-profit organization, Friends of Disabled Veterans raised 9 thousand dollars towards funding the land for Tri-City veterans, located in West Pasco.
- Elderly woman found dead floating in pool
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land