(CNN) -- President-elect Donald Trump is defending plans to pay for a border wall along the US southern border with appropriations from Congress, saying in a tweet Friday that Mexico will reimburse US taxpayers. "The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!" Trump tweeted Friday. Trump's proposed wall was a signature campaign issue, as was Trump's promise that Mexico would pay to build it. Mexican leaders have repeatedly said they would not pay for the project.
- Ducks end Michigan's run with 69-68 victory, head to Elite 8
- CBC officials work to promote healthy studying, combatting drug usage
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call