(CNN) -- President-elect Donald Trump is defending plans to pay for a border wall along the US southern border with appropriations from Congress, saying in a tweet Friday that Mexico will reimburse US taxpayers. "The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!" Trump tweeted Friday. Trump's proposed wall was a signature campaign issue, as was Trump's promise that Mexico would pay to build it. Mexican leaders have repeatedly said they would not pay for the project.
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement