(CNN) -- President-elect Donald Trump is defending plans to pay for a border wall along the US southern border with appropriations from Congress, saying in a tweet Friday that Mexico will reimburse US taxpayers. "The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!" Trump tweeted Friday. Trump's proposed wall was a signature campaign issue, as was Trump's promise that Mexico would pay to build it. Mexican leaders have repeatedly said they would not pay for the project.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown